Oily skin simply refers to pores that are larger than usual and produce more sebum than is essential. Genetics, hormones, and other factors can all contribute to this skin type. Sebum (oil) production is higher than usual in oily skin, giving it a greasy or shiny appearance. It becomes an issue when these glands produce excess sebum. However, excessive production of sebum can lead to acne and clogged pores.
Acne occurs when the hair follicles become clogged with excess sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria. The sebum and dead skin cells form a plug in the hair follicle, preventing it from shedding normally. The bacteria that live on the skin can then multiply and cause inflammation, leading to pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Clogged pores can also occur when excess sebum mixes with dirt, makeup, and other environmental pollutants. This mixture can accumulate in the pores and cause blockages, leading to the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. Factors such as hormonal changes, stress, diet, and certain medications can increase sebum production and contribute to the development of acne and clogged pores. But even if you have acne-prone skin and excess sebum production, moisturizer is a must.
If we discuss about moisturizers and the ideal moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin, then it could be a difficult task. You want to hydrate your skin and keep it from getting dehydrated and flaky on the one hand and on the other, you don’t want to use a product that will clog your pores and cause additional acne or breakouts.
Thankfully, there are lots of moisturizers available on the market, especially for oily and acne-prone skin. If you want to know about the right moisturizer and which one is the best available, then you are at the right place. But first, let's talk about the benefits of using moisturizer.
What are the benefits of using a Moisturizer?
Using moisturizers is a great way to shield the skin from the elements and stop it from losing its natural moisture. Additionally, they can make you look younger and help with acne reduction and skin hydration!
It's crucial to look for oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers when choosing one for oily or acne-prone skin. Additionally, you should be careful of the products that might irritate your skin by containing fragrances or other irritants.
Fixderma has the ideal moisturizer if you're looking for one that will keep your skin oily and acne-prone skin moisturized without making it greasy. The best one available in the market is Salyzap Face Gel. This non-greasy, lightweight moisturizer has a gel texture and is an excellent option if you want to reduce excessive oil and sebum production. It is made with ingredients like Canadian Willowherb, Mauritia Flexuosa, and Vitamin E which are known to calm and soothe acneic skin. It helps to hydrate the face without leaving a greasy effect and is oil-free, fragrance-free, and won't clog your pores.
This dermatologist recommended moisturizer reduces comedonal acne, and inflammatory acne, fights acne-causing bacteria, soothes irritation, itching, and redness, and, thanks to its antioxidant qualities, which aids in the healing of acne scars.
How to Apply a Moisturizer?
- There are some considerations you should make when adding moisturizer. First and foremost, you should always hydrate before going to bed at night. This will allow the product to penetrate your skin while you sleep and do its magic overnight.
- Second, be careful not to overdo it! You don't require much of the product. It only takes one application of moisturizer to completely penetrate the skin's upper layer without leaving any oily residue.
- It's crucial to follow a regular skincare regimen that includes cleansing, toning, sun protection, and exfoliating in addition to applying moisturizer. This will lessen the probability of breakouts and keep your pores unclogged and clean.
MISTAKES you are doing if you have oily and acne-prone skin!
- Not choosing the right product
- Using too many products at a time
- Not including enough hydrating ingredients and sun protection in your daily regimen, such as a moisturizer and sunscreen.
Conclusion! What makes Salyzap Face Gel the best moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin then?
- The lightweight texture: Being lightweight and non-comedogenic, it won't weigh down your skin and doesn’t clog your pores.
- It has skin-friendly actives and ingredients that reduce redness and inflammation while calming irritation brought on by other acne medicines.
- You can comfortably use it every day because it is devoid of parabens, sulphates, phthalates, and artificial fragrances.
To know about the best sunscreen for oily and acne-prone skin read: