Winter is almost here, and you will notice that your skin becomes a little bit dry and dull regardless of your skin type. Moisturizers are great products to include in your daily skincare regime whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin. With the daily use of moisturizer which suits your skin type, your skin will stay nourished, replenished, and healthy. If we particularly talk about dry skin, winter is like a nightmare for people with this skin type because their skin gets rough, itchy, flaky, and cracked in a colder environment. And for this, a moisturizer is essential for preserving a healthy moisture barrier because the skin around your face, ears, neck, and chest is particularly exposed and susceptible to environmental changes. These parts shed skin cells more quickly than other body regions, and require moisture to heal, which enables newer skin cells to rise out to the surface. Keep reading to know the benefits of a moisturizer!
Benefits of indulging a moisturizer in your skincare routine!
You must be thinking that the role of a moisturizer is to keep skin hydrated and moisturized! But moisturizer has a lot more to do with your skin. Remember that healthy skin is a priority. Nourished skin stays glowing and problem-free. Moisturizing can help maintain your skin clear, smooth, and wrinkle-free and makes your skin look healthy. Look at the top 3 reasons why you MUST moisturize your skin if you're still unsure about indulging a moisturizer in your skincare regime.
- Keeps the skin pH balanced: The proper moisturizer for your skin can aid in keeping the pH of your skin balanced. Numerous common skin issues, such as acne, start to appear when the skin is either excessively dry or too oily. If your skin is prone to oiliness, search for lotions rather than creams, and try to find a moisturizer with an exfoliating ingredient. If your skin is dry, try thick creams.
- Reduces blemishes: Moisturizing can reduce your skin blemishes because when the skin is dry blemishes are more obvious. Moisturized skin is hydrated and seems smooth, so spots and imperfections are somewhat less noticeable as a result. Also, it leaves your skin with a healthy glow.
- Gives a healthy glow: Moisturizing restores the skin's lost moisture and properly hydrated and well-moisturized skin looks young and vibrant. Skin cells frequently renew in the body's most delicate places. These areas are particularly susceptible to dryness due to the daily loss of skin cells. Moisturization provides your skin can the proper nourishment and boosts it needs to remain healthy and radiant.
Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Particularly when it comes to the face, the skin is more sensitive as compared to other body parts. And if your skin is dry, then it can be a daily battle, especially in winter and we need to choose a moisturizer that can work on repairing the damaged skin barrier, restoring the pH level, and rehydrating your skin cells so that your skin doesn’t look rough, flaky, dehydrated, and dull. If you are looking for the best moisturizer for dry skin, then the best pick is Fixderma Face21 Cream.
This ultra-rich cream has a quick-absorbing formula despite being a thick cream. Not only moisturizing the skin, but face21 cream also evens your skin tone, restores the disturbed pH balance of the skin, repairs the damaged skin barrier, and creates a protective layer on the skin that protects it from environmental damage. It is a skin-brightening formulation that provides a subtle glow to your skin. Enriched with multifunctional actives, this deep replenishing cream provides skin rejuvenating and replenishing benefits to the skin by giving an anti-aging effect and enhancing the skin’s luminosity.
Why do dermatologists recommend Face21 Cream?
Face21 cream is great for people with dry skin as it keeps you moisturized long after you apply it. You won’t find any toxins, phthalates, or parabens in this cream (can be used by sensitive skin types too). Also, being non-comedogenic, this cream won’t clog your pores. This is a versatile product that you can use on your rough elbow patches too.
Let’s know about its skin-rejuvenating ingredients and why it is known to be the best moisturizer:
- Alpha arbutin: The dried leaves of plants like blueberry, cranberry, and bearberry are used to make the popular skin-lightening component alpha arbutin, a naturally occurring derivative of hydroquinone. It is a potent skin-lightening agent that effectively removes pigmentation and spots brought on by acne or sun damage because the quantity of melanin which is induced by an enzyme called tyrosinase in your melanocyte cells determines the color of your skin. Tyrosinase is triggered each time UV light is exposed to your skin. Tyrosinase activity is inhibited by alpha-arbutin by decreasing the UV-induced pigmentation process. This prevents tan lines and dark spots on your skin.
- Kakadu Plum: The flowering fruit known as Kakadu plum also referred to as Billygoat plum or Gubinge, is frequently found in Northern Australia and is a rich source of vitamins, antioxidants, and numerous other nutrients. It provides a lot of advantages and is the highest source of vitamin C. Many skincare and hair care products contain it because it is also advantageous for your skin and hair. It lessens the signs of aging on your skin and counteracts the impacts of free radicals. Additionally, it aids in minimizing under-eye bags and dark circles. Hence, giving an anti-aging effect
- Omega Plus: It is a synergistic combination of plant oils rich in omega 3, 6, 7, and 9 which help maintain our skin's topmost layer healthy and strong and help to retain moisture. It smoothens out the skin's surface while also preventing moisture loss. Due to this, dermatologists believe that they are most helpful for people who are experiencing dryness, or problems with a damaged skin barrier. Also, it provides a rejuvenating benefit by reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Bio Retinol: What should you do if you desire Retinol's anti-aging properties without any adverse effects? Fortunately, thanks to incredible advances in ingredient science, we now have access to "Bio-Retinols". Extracted from plants, it provides similar anti-aging benefits as retinol without the negative side effects. Bio-Retinols are a natural, plant-based alternative to a conventional retinoid that is secure, stable, and effective. Within hours, it begins to operate in the skin's deeper layers, battling hyper-pigmentation and gradually lessening the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
So, don’t forget to moisturize religiously and use sunblock to protect your skin from the harsh sun. In today's world, using sunscreen is a necessity and the only way to shield yourself from the UVA and UVB rays. Read do you really need sunscreen?
Read more - How to Get Rid of Dry Skin During Winter